Leisure Programme in Malta
The English Language Academy can help you organise your freetime if you wish and there are numerous organisations offering different activities nearby. Malta offers a wide range of freetime activities: diving, swimming, horse riding, fishing, trekking, snorkelling, mountain-biking, canoeing, go-karting, paragliding, sailing, shooting.......the choice is pratically endless.
We recommend you decide on the activities when you are on Malta.On the first day of your course after lessons we offer a free guided tour of Sliema. There are also some fitness clubs near school. Naturally, you can just lie on the beach and enjoy the warmth of the sun on our long summer days!
Favourite Activities in Summer
- Comino Cruise: a cruise that will take you to the Blue Lagoon to enjoy the crystal clear water and spectacular views
- Boat Party: a fun filled night, with music on board, dancing while we cruise all the way up to Comino or if the sea is rough we sail trough the grand Harbour
- Diving: Malta’s beautiful under sea experience - you can start with a trial dive and progress to an advanced course
Favourite Activities in Winter
- Wine Tasting: the tour commences with a historical introduction amongst original artefacts, followed by an explanation about the process of how the locally grown grapes are pressed, fermented and eventually transformed into wine
- Gozo Tour: visiting our sister island of Gozo with a guide that will show you all the beautiful places Gozo has to offer
- Horse Riding: enjoying a fun afternoon of horse riding in Malta’s amazing countryside with a horse riding guide
|Valletta Capital City Tour*||14.00||hd|
|Mdina-Silent City Tour*||14.00||hd|
|North of Malta Tour*||18.00||hd|
|Horse Riding in the Countryside*||30.00||hd|
|Diving in the Mediterranean Sea*||50.00||hd|
|Trekking in Malta*||15.00||hd|
|Comino 'Blue Lagoon' by Powerboat*||28.00||hd|
|Sandy Beach Mellieha Bay*||9.00||hd|
|Game of Thrones - Malta filming sites tour||19.00||hd|
|Temple and 3 Cities Tour||19.00||hd|
|Gozo by power boat||33.00||hd|
|Malta's hidden sea beauties by power boat||33.00||hd|
|Marsaxlokk and Blue Grotto tour||15.00||hd|
|Rocky Beach - Peter's pool||10.00||hd|
|Highlights of Malta Tour, Malta experience ticket included*||28.00||fd|
|Malta's hidden rocky beaches||17.00||fd|
|Gozo Scenic Tour*||39.00||fd|
|Hop On Hop Off Bus, bus ticket and free harbour cruise||14.50||fd|
|Sunday Special with harbour cruise, lunch and horse racing, entrance included*||37.00||fd|
|Fernandes Sailing Ship: Gozo Comino & Blue Lagoon, lunch included||50.00||fd|
|Round Malta Cruise, lunch included||35.00||fd|
|Jeep Safari Malta, lunch included*||50.00||fd|
|Jeep Safari Gozo, ferry ticket, lunch included*||60.00||fd|
|Good Friday Procession*||11.00||ev|
|Discover Malta by Night Tour*||19.00||ev|
|Valletta Ghost Tour*||18.00||ev|
PADI Open Water Diver
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world's most popular scuba course, and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle. The PADI Open Water Course introduces you to breathing underwater for the first time, and you'll learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you'll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. We recommend you book your diving course in advance.
What do I need to start?
Be 15 years of age or above (10 years of age for PADI Junior Open Water)
What will I do?
All the basics of scuba diving through knowledge development, a set of scuba skills in the pool that you'll use again during open water dives and an appreciation for the underwater world that will keep you coming back for more bottom time every chance you get! During the course you'll cover:
- Buoyancy skills including comfortable ascents and descents and breathing underwater
- Staying warm underwater, streamlining your swimming skills and buddy diving techniques
- Diving environments and aquatic life youre likely to encounter
- Preventing common problems underwater
During the course you will need to complete the following:
- Knowledge Develoment and Theory Parts 1-5 including quick quizzes and final exam
- Confined (Pool) Sessions 1-5
- Open Water Dives 1 - 4
What's included in the course fee?
- PADI (Pic) Certification Fee
- Full Equipment Hire
- All Air Fills
PADI Discover Scuba
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater. If you want to find out but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, the PADI Discover Scuba Diving session will let you try scuba to see if you like it. You can register for this course here.
|PADI Diving Prices 2018|
|PADI Discover Scuba||€ 55|
|PADI Open Water Diver (Manual / Log book € 65)||€ 410|
|PADI Advanced Course (Manual / Log book € 55)||€ 295|
|- Free pick up service from St Julians, Gzira and Sliema
- Prices subject to change without notice
Windsurfing and Sailing
The windsurfing intermediate course is recommended as an immediate follow up to the beginner's course, Level 1. It is the next step after the basic, where skills learned have to be improved and is intended for those students.
What will I do?
- After taking this course students are to be able to Rig according to weather conditions indicate
- Understand most of windsurfer parts & rigging
- Sail a triangular course tack and gybe in light to moderate condition
- Launch and recover board from a slipway or beach.
- Tie 5 different types of knots: reef knot, clove hitch, bowline, round turn & two half hitches, rolling hitch.
- This course is covered in four individual lessons of 3 hours each, could be taken either on two consecutive days, or four half day lessons.
What's included in the course fee?
- Level 2 Certificate of completion will be awarded to successful students.
- If desired standard is not attained, individual additional (charged) lessons may be required prior to certification.
- Use of Boards & equipment, Buoyancy aids, and handouts are all inclusive in the price.
- Students are accompanied by instructor for the duration of the whole course.
- Groups of not more than 4 Students per Instructor